Heading to Arizona

We finally made it to Jayce Face! We got to see the house he had been staying in and the old couple he was living with for the month. They were really nice and their house was the stereotypical grandparent house. Figurines in glass cases, pictures of grandchildren and children everywhere, American flags, a jar of old candy probably passed out when grandchildren visited, a random collection of wind chimes hanging in the kitchen...I loved it. Jayce was really lucky to have them open their home to him for the four weeks he was in Vegas.

After visiting with Jayce we all loaded in the car and headed to the air port to pick up my sister, Rachel and baby Henry. Here is Jayce taking a picture while waiting in the car, excited to be with the boys again.

After we loaded Rachel and Henry in we drove four hours down to Surprise, AZ to visit my grandparents. I hadn't seen my Grandad since I was a freshmen in high school and Jayce had never met him and I knew I'd never be only 4 hours away from him again, so we thought it would be worth the trip. Rachel really wanted him to meet Henry as well, so we made a big trip out of it. Sounds crazy I know, but it was worth it!

Jayce dancing with Henry when we stopped for some food.

Grandad and Bernie's!


It was a really sweet visit. Grandad got really emotional watching us with the kids and tears would leak out off and on. Rachel was explaining who everyone was and Grandad just watched the kids run around in amazement and said, "All this came from me??" It was a sweet experience.



Bernie and Rosie the dog.

We stayed longer than we anticipated at my grandparent's, but we were glad the visit went so well. By the time we got checked into our hotel it was already around 8:00 but we had promised the kids we would swim in the pool, so swim in the pool we did! We loved it. Their favorite thing to do is to jump to us from the edge, so they were constantly in and out and taking turns jumping.


When bed time rolled around there was drama about who got to sleep in the "Cars" sleeping bag. Neither Jack nor Cam would concede so we told them they could both sleep in it together unless someone wanted to get in the bed with Ben.

King Ben in his big queen sized bed. :-)

Breakfast in the morning. I'm so glad we had a hotel with breakfast, everyone left on full stomachs. This danish reminded me of you, Rebekah. I meant to send it to you but forgot. You and James and the emergency room and danishes. :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the World Aiden Titus

Spencer's Birth Story

Mom's Gone