Happy Birthday Jayce Face

We had big plans for celebrating Jayce's birthday this year. We were all going to go swimming at the Provo Rec Center and then do dinner/cake/presents that night, but sadly Jayce came down with a really bad head cold the day before. Jayce spent most of the day in bed, but luckily we still made it special.

The boys have been really enjoying Daddy time ever since he got off the air plane and I couldn't help taking a picture of Cameron with Jayce during quiet time. (Mom-recognize that book?)

Presents were great and Jayce was more than sufficiently stocked. He also had helpers who pretty much opened every gift for him.



These were gone within 24 hours. Thanks Tee! When I think of See's I think of you!

Kimber sent Jayce this card and we could not stop laughing.
I don't know why it hit my funny bone so hard. I use "goobers" or "boogies" with the boys because I can't handle letting words like *snot* or *boogers* out of my mouth without being entirely grossed out. But this card killed me!!

Cameron drew this to put on the wall with Jayce's birthday signs. He drew all the letters in his name somewhere on it and those tree-looking things are supposed to be centipedes. He did it all by himself! (I'll claim the red thing in the corner. He wanted me to draw a scorpion for him.) I was impressed with his centipedes too. It's the first time he's drawn an animal with no prompt from me, totally by himself, with it actually kind of resembling what he was wanting to draw. Fun!


Mint chocolate chip ice cream cake with brownie on the bottom for Jayce. Isn't it beautiful? I ran out of Cool Whip. :-)

 We did the presents and the cake right after lunch with the boys because we ended up getting a sitter last minute to go to dinner kid-free with Mom and Dad Porter, Jessica, and Connor. With Jayce being in recovery we just didn't feel up to taking the boys out to eat.

Guess where? Drum roll please....
Chuck-A-Rama! That's my Jayce Face for you!

It was great. We loaded up on salad first and then had a few guilty pleasures. For me, their big white rolls with honey butter and their french fries with fry sauce. Oh, so good. For Jayce, scones with honey butter, and the cinnamon sugar monkey bread. Old traditions die hard. :-)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the World Aiden Titus

Spencer's Birth Story

Mom's Gone